chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I emigrated to Canada years. While there i took out Canadian

I emigrated to Canada for 12 years. While there i took out Canadian citizenship but still retained my UK one. I returned home to UK 11 years ago. I have been offered a job with an IT company which has contracts with MOD in UK. Will my dual citizenship affect my security clearence? Thank you.
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Hi,It would depend on the particular position. I would suggest that you inform them that you are a dual national at the earliest possibility.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. That hasnt really answered my question. I was trying to find out if dual citizenship would affect MOD security clearance. The position is logistics/purchasing etc. Basically administrative. Thank You.
In short, dual xitizenship does affect security clearance. Generally, the MOD would ask the question. If there is a threat to national security then the lost would not be offered.Most countries insist on employees of the defence department or security services only holding one nationality.Before you decide to travel ti toe UK or take up the lost, I would strongly suggest that you declare your dual nationality.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards