chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Alex Hope your well. I wanted some advise if possible. I

Customer Question

Hi Alex
Hope your well.
I wanted some advise if possible.
I have been living in Australia for 10 years and just found out that I have 4 legal charges against my property in the uk. I didn't receive any notification about these orders as I had a problem tenant living in my property that was not forwarding my mail. Do I have grounds to set aside these orders due to not have a chance to sort out the debt before it got to this point?
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Alex does not appear to be online. Can i assist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that would be great, do you have experience with charging orders?
I am a solicitor-advocate so shoild hope so.
Unfortunately, the bad news is that you cannot just apply to the land regsistry to have the charging orders removed .Depending on when the orders were made, you may apply to have them set aside. Generally this is within 28 days of the order being made failing which there must be exceptional circumstances.I would suggest you contact the hilders of the charging orders and attempt to deal with it that way.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards