75100385

Our son is a carpenter who obtained a quote flooring from

Our son is a carpenter who obtained a quote for wood flooring from Howden's Ltd at £743. 18. After obtaining the flooring Howden's invoiced our son for a sum of £1076.93; to date our son has only paid Howden's £743.18
Howden's have taken the matter to the Northampton County Court who sent us forms should we wish to dispute Howden's claim. The County Court letter requires we pay a court fee of £255 to take this action.
Clearly we will be out of pocket whatever action we take. What should we do?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Just to be clear you have received a claim form?Has a fence yet been filed?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We sent a letter to the Court giving the reason for us not paying Howden's full invoiced sum. It was then that the Court sent us their form should we wish to dispute the case and details of the Court fee required.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Actually you don't need to pay the fee as long as you have filed a defence and the claimant does not have judgment.If you had the claim form then you need to file a defence saving why it is not owed - there is no fee for this.If the claimant obtained judgment then you either need to pay that judgment of apply to set aside which would attract a court fee of £255Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex