chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

The lease has ended on a house I rent out as a HMO. I don't

The lease has ended on a house I rent out as a HMO. I don't want to renew the lease as the new fire regulations coming in, in November will mean a huge investment that I cannot afford. Also the tenants have been causing problems with anti social behaviour, disturbing neighbours. The police have been called out 5 times since Christmas. They have had verbal and written warnings regarding this. How do I go about not renewing their lease and asking them to leave, so that I am covered legally?
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Hi,When you refer to a lease, do you mean an assured shorthold tenancy?What date did the term beging and how long was it for?Did you receive a deposit? If so, was it protected with a deposit protection scheme?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is. It was for a year and ran from May. I did receive a deposit which I hold in a separate account . I am in the Isle of Man and dont have the deposit protection scheme.
Hi,You will need to serve your tenantsection 21 Notice. This should give them two months notice to vacate. The notice must expire on or before a rent day.If the tenants do not leave at the end of the notuce period, you will have to apply to court for a possession order.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you tried to call me? I could n't hear you. Please could you call my landline 01624 853709
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Hi,What exactly is your question?