chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

We live in a conservation area. There is a dividing wall

Customer Question

We live in a conservation area. There is a dividing wall between where we live and the next door detached building, both of which we own. The wall on the property side is less than 2 metres in height, but the height of the wall on the studio side is greater than this, as the ground falls away. We want to reduce the height of the wall for most if its length, for reasons of safety, and to remove a part of it in order to enable an off-road access between the two properties to be created.
What is the position concerning Planning Permission, bearing in mind that we are in a Conservation area?
Nicholas Arrow
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Hi,As your property falls within a conservation area, the local authority may restrict devlopment or woks crried out. Especially if your building is listed.I would suggest you confirm with tje local coincil before carrying out any works.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards
Hi,In short that is correct, however, not the be all and end all.If you have a contact order from the courts to contact and play a part of the life of your children, you will be able to apply to remain in the UK based on your access to the children.You would need to seek specialist legal advice in relation to this.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedbackIf you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards