chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Would purposely removing someone's baggage from an airport

Customer Question

Would purposely removing someone's baggage from an airport to prevent them completing in a competition (I.e. Their tools of trade are in the baggage) be classed as conversation or trespass to goods or neither ?
Is there any relevant caselaw
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Please provide further details... Taking a persons goods without permission is theft.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The D takes the C baggage from an airport but then returns it. The alligation is that the D did this on purpose to sabotage the C performance in a hair dressing compitition.
The are of law might be Wrongful interference of goods act
Hi,Trespass is defined as the immediate and direct unauthorised interference with another individuals goods.For trespass to be proven there must be intention on the part of the defendant to deliberately interfere with another’s goods.The definition of trespass includes using, removing, touching or destroying another’s goods. Examples of this are slashing someone’s tires with a knife or running a key alongside an individual’s car scratching the paint work.
I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you basically have just googled that !! I asked for case law that involves interference with goods ,
I will look at some caselaw for you and come back to you later in the day.