12826847

I own a drag racing car and it it kept at home. Occasionally

Customer Question

I own a drag racing car and it it kept at home. Occasionally I need to work on my car and it makes some noise. It's in my own garage and I never work on it nor make noise before midday nor after 6pm. The majority of neighbours have no issue with it as its my hobby. 2 other neighbours operate car businesses from their garages and also make noise. One neighbour does complain however. I am doing my best to forewarn neighbours of potential noise and am adding noise preventing insulation to the garage. Is there anything else I can do? What are the possible repercussions of my hobby in regards ***** ***** health or from the local council? Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How often does this happen and how long in duration?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once or twice a month and no longer than 20 to 30 minutes
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I wouldn’t panic about this. Some people just have unreasonable expectations. This isn’t a noise nuisance. You are doing this at reasonable hours for a fairly short duration and not all that often. They can complain to the council if they like who will tell them to keep a noise diary. Even if they do the council are not going to act because you cause noise twice a month. Unless they are going to start blaming you for noise caused by others there is no case. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's perfect thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/