12826847

I was involved in a RTA recently I was hit at the side (back

I was involved in a RTA recently I was hit at the side (back door ) my insurance says I was at fault, but I don't agree with them. What should I do. As if they pay out is will loose all my non claim bonus
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You will lose your no claims bonus anyway. It is not a no blame bonus. You have claimed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Whether an insurance company pays out is a matter for them. They are liable on your behalf and the claim is with them and under their control rather than under yours. You can complain about their decision but you can't force them to fight it if they are not of the view there is any point.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You could complain to the Ombudsman if you are intent although, quite frankly, there really isn't much point. This is a decision they are perfectly entitled to make in principle.Im very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the position of driving law if you are hit at the back or passenger sit at the rear?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, it depends. It is not automatically the fault of the other vehicle. It depends how it came about.