12826847

I am a defendant in a high court case. I am having to

Customer Question

I am a defendant in a high court case. I am having to represent myself and my son because of his mental capacity . We have afforded a solicitor up until now but we have run out of cash. Other defendants in this case want to settle. They are a company We had shares in until July 2013. They have three other companies, so money is no object to them.
The person who has brought the case against us, is saying that the shares we sold belonged to him. This is untrue. Both the company and we say this. Unfortunately when we sold our shares we signed an indemnity. The company says if we do not pay the some money towards the settlement they will take us to court and use the indemnity to claim their expenses. If we could get 70k towards the settlement they would pay the full amount and not bring the indemnity into force.
They have said that they need to know by tomorrow before the claimant pays his barristers fees. The claimant has a no win no fee solicitor.
Is it true that after the claimant has paid his barrister we could no longer settle before the case.?
It is due to be held in the week beginning 13th of June but we will not know until the day before.
company., the director and his wife.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is it you would like to know about this please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to be a member of Justanswer. U.K
I have sent you an email before telling you this.
I only signed for the free trial.
I haven't received an answer from you as promised.
You have only offered a live discussion via phone at a cost of £38.
Please answer this email.
Thank youWendy Stewart.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Wendy, the telephone call is an additional service which you don't have to accept. Any subscription questions should be sent to customer services.I only see the question and can only help you if you give me the information I need. Thanks in advance.