12826847

My name is ***** ***** wife was diagnosed with terminal

Hi my name is ***** ***** wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer in March 2014 we had a bath in our bathroom my wife's cousin insisted on buying a walk in shower for her of which I refused but she told me it was for my wife and none of my concern my wife as passed away now and the cousin is being very nasty towards me and is now demanding payment of this shower unit from me of £5,980 I did not ask to borrow this or any other money from her do I have to pay her back
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any evidence that she said it was a gift?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No only me and my late wife her cousin paid for this against my wishes but she still went ahead with it
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, but she must have communicated with one or the other of you? Was any of it in writing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No she paid by cheque
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it cost me every time I ask a question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I liable to pay her this money back
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends really.Not on your account. it was a gift if your evidence is accepted.The question here though is whether that will be accepted. I suppose she is saying that it was a loan. If the Judge believes that the you would have to pay.It depends whether you are in a position to prove that it was a gift. In fairness, it doesn't really matter whether you were reluctant or not. It must have been allowed by either you or your wife as the tradesmen was allowed in your house.The question is what was agreed about repayment.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo