Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

My aunt died in London in March. It is believed she fell

My aunt died in London in March. It is believed she fell down the stairs. There has been an inquest. Before she died, she told me that she had recently changed her will. How do I find out whether I am a beneficiary of her will?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Do you know who the executor of her estate is? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea. The name of my aunt is Margery Olive Turner. She lived at 44 Lark Hall Rise, Clapham, London.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Thank you. The only way to find out is to make a search at the local probate registry. If she had a will it would have been filed with the probate service and is a matter of public record. You can search the probate registry here https://www.gov.uk/wills-probate-inheritance/overview - it costs £10 to make a search. If your auntie did not make a will then it is possible you are still a beneficiary - does she have any other close relatives - children or a spouse?