12826847

I have received a letter from my mortgage company saying

Customer Question

I have received a letter from my mortgage company saying that the £10k debt we owed to our property management company 4 years ago was put onto the arrears section of mortgage in error and should have been added to our capital mortgage account. We have been charged for these arrears and have been struggling to pay off the arranged repayment for the past few years and this has also affected our credit rating. Although they are now putting this right, its really angered me that they did not know this should have gone on to our mortgage and we have been struggling as a result of this error. Are we able to claim any compensation for this error?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.For now please let me know what loss you have suffered?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well weve been paying £200 a month off as arrears when we should have only being paying around £50 extra on our normal monthly mortgage repayment. This has put huge stress on our finances and worry that we would lose our property if we didn't keep this arrangement up, that is what told us in court if we defaulted on this arrangement
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I understand that, so I assume its just loss of interest as terms of loss? They could have recredited the balance?