12826847

I paid a deposit of £2600 on a car through a lloyds bank

I paid a deposit of £2600 on a car through a lloyds bank online transfer to another lloyds bank account. The seller never delivered the car and stopped communicating and when I reported the matter to Lloyds a week later they said they could do nothing. Surely as a lloyds account holder they should have his address, photo and telephone details. Have I any chance of suing Lloyds bank for being unhelpful.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
they would do but they owe a duty of confidentiality to him which they cannot breach just for the asking.They are not liable for refusing that information.You could report this to the police who would have powers to demand that information from Lloyds.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I suppose you could seek an injunction forcing Lloyds to hand this information over but you wouldn't et costs against them because they are not free to disclose confidentiality information without a court order.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that's fine but I dont want to do this monthly subscription stuff
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have answered the question thanks