12826847

I have a 25% interest in a Leasehold according to the Trust

Customer Question

I have a 25% interest in a Leasehold according to the Trust Deed . However the owner of the leasehold recently purchased the freehold and says the obligations of the leaseholder (under the Trust Deed) no longer exist . Is he correct ?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would be appreciated to have an answer by Friday .
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.
Can you please explain how your interest in the trust arises?With regard to the leaseholder purchasing the freehold, is there just one leaseholder who has purchased the whole of the freehold?If that’s the case, and the leasehold and the freehold are now in one common ownership, the lease can be extinguished.However it is not automatically extinguished.