chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I provide a service Export of Horses and Ponies all over the

I provide a service for the Export of Horses and Ponies all over the World. A client from America asked me to Export her pony and paid me in advance by Pay Pal. I provided the service, delivered the pony to Holland together with all the documentation, but through no fault of my own the flight was delayed. The client has since made a successful claim back through the bank for the £3900 that she had paid, which in my opinion constitutes fraud. Your advice as to how I should proceed would be much appreciated.
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Is there a written agreement in place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, but I can provide the following information. Erin Marbut's Invoice which she paid through PayPal. My application for Export Health Certificate. My detailed response to Pay Pal. Medical history confirming the work done by my vet. Copy of AWB for aborted flight. Please See files.
Hi,In the absence of a written agreement, you are relying in the documents you have provided.I cannot see that the agreement you have is under uk law. The problem you will have is pursuing the other party in the US. You xould ussue a claim in the UK but the other party will need to be served in the US. If you obtain judgement, this will have to then be enforced in the UK which could be quite a lengthy and costly process.Have you contacted your bsnk and raised a dispute? If not, I would suggest that you do so.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Kind regards