13262538

My mother in law needs to go in a nursing home and has

Customer Question

my mother in law needs to go in a nursing home and has always refused to do power of attorney. how do I actually acess her money and sell her shares to pay for this.
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Hi,You may need to make an application to court to allow you to deal with the assets.Is your mother able to make her own decisions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
varies day to day
Hi, This definitely sounds like a matter for the court of protection. You will need to instruct someone to do this for you as it can become quite complicated.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question My name is ***** ***** i have been a family lawyer for more than 30 years.If your mother is refusing to consider a Power of Attorney, or lacks the mental capacity to sign one then you will need to apply to be appointed as her Deputy.You can read about it herehttps://www.gov.uk/become-deputy/overviewIt is possible to deal with the forms yourself but be aware that they are repetitive!Please ask if you need further detailsClare