75100385

I have furniture in storage with a company whose contact

Customer Question

I have furniture in storage with a company whose contact details I have since lost. ALl I have is the companies bank account and sort code because I pay them a regular standing order payment each month. The problem is that it’s been a long time since I had any contact with them, and I’ve moved a couple of times since the furniture originally went into storage because I didn’t need it. However I move house soon so want the furniture back.
How can I legally get the companies details as both my bank and the companies bank will not provide it to me. They have tried to make contact and asked me to draft a letter for them to forward (which I have done).
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

When you pay via bank, dont you have an account name?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Alex,
No account name - just the reference number :((
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Why wont the bank tell you who you are paying? Surely it must be recorded?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lloyds
- They said because it's a standing order they don't have the company details - just the account number, etc.Yorkshire Bank
- They have the details obviously, but wont give them to me because of data protection laws. Could I ask if they would call the company and then pass the call over to me so that I could speak to them (once I've shown them my details as proof of ID)?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can do that. Or you can seek a Court order against Yorkshire to disclose who it is.

You would need to complete form N244:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n244-eng.pdf

The Court would list the matter down and decide whether to make Yorkshire Bank disclose the information. I am sure they will as they are only telling you who it is, nothing more.

But you should write to Yorkshire first and let them know you are going to do this if they refuse.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/