How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Ash Your Own Question

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have furniture in storage with a company whose contact

Customer Question

I have furniture in storage with a company whose contact details I have since lost. ALl I have is the companies bank account and sort code because I pay them a regular standing order payment each month. The problem is that it’s been a long time since I had any contact with them, and I’ve moved a couple of times since the furniture originally went into storage because I didn’t need it. However I move house soon so want the furniture back.
How can I legally get the companies details as both my bank and the companies bank will not provide it to me. They have tried to make contact and asked me to draft a letter for them to forward (which I have done).
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

When you pay via bank, dont you have an account name?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Alex,
No account name - just the reference number :((
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Why wont the bank tell you who you are paying? Surely it must be recorded?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
- They said because it's a standing order they don't have the company details - just the account number, etc.Yorkshire Bank
- They have the details obviously, but wont give them to me because of data protection laws. Could I ask if they would call the company and then pass the call over to me so that I could speak to them (once I've shown them my details as proof of ID)?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can do that. Or you can seek a Court order against Yorkshire to disclose who it is.

You would need to complete form N244:

The Court would list the matter down and decide whether to make Yorkshire Bank disclose the information. I am sure they will as they are only telling you who it is, nothing more.

But you should write to Yorkshire first and let them know you are going to do this if they refuse.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice