75100385

I have had a picture of myself and a untrue story written

Customer Question

I have had a picture of myself and a untrue story written about me on Facebook. I have asked for the post to be removed but as yet it has not been.
I have attended a police station as some of the comments are now becoming quite threatening.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What loss have you suffered please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not lost anything at the moment but the potential for lost income in a small town could be catastrophic to me and family especially my children.
Should I send you the post? There is a lynch mob now forming on there?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - do you know who put up the post?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
her name is***** and lives in Hastings East Susex. No address known I'm afraid.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - do you have a link to the post?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her page is https//www.facebook.com/katharine.wallingerIt's the open post at the top
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Got it. Well it wouldnt be facebook you would take action against it would be the poster. But in order to bring a claim for defamation then you need to show that you have suffered 'serious harm'. If you cant show you have suffered serious harm then any claim would fail.

Also you need to issue proceedings in the High Court. As they are specialist proceedings then you would need representation. If the matter is contested you are looking at circa £15,000 in costs.

But you can bring a claim and seek an injunction that it is removed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I do this and what is the cost involved ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You would need to complete form N1:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf

If you do this yourself the costs are:

1) To issue the claim - £480

2) To hear the claim - £1090

Does that clarify?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/