12826847

My car was damaged in my work car park by someone else's car

Customer Question

My car was damaged in my work car park by someone else's car setting on fire due to an electrical fault . Fire brigade were involved . My insurance company are saying that it has to go down as my fault which has caused my premium to triple. They say that they can't prove that anyone was negligent and have made no attempt to try and recover the money from the other party . I have had to pay out the £350 excess on a fully comp policy and as my insurance is up for renewal, I can no longer afford to keep my car on the road , even though i am not at fault. They say that it has to go down as my fault as they can't recoup the money . Surely this can't be right ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What are you actually hoping to achieve in the circumstances?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - What are you actually hoping to achieve in the circumstances?