12826847

My husband divorced his wife 6 years ago. He was ordered to

Customer Question

My husband divorced his wife 6 years ago. He was ordered to pay spousal maintenance. He experienced financial difficulties.made a full disclosure to her and it was agreed he would pay a lesser sum.She is doing a part time law degree and works for a solicitor who advised her.This arrangement continued for about 5 years.
She is now threatening to send him to jail and demanding the areas in full. She is seeking to put a lean on our home which I provided the deposit for.
Next year she will obtain her degree. She always worked during the 14 year marriage.Though he does earn considerably more than her.She got all the proceeds and contents of the family home.Their only daughter is 18 and about to eave school.
He now wishes to try and vary the order and we have been told to do so we need to pay a years areas before we can make the application.Is this true?
Elizabeth
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat income did he have when the Order was made and what income does he have now?