UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I filled in an online application form spouse visa to join

Customer Question

I filled in an online application form for a spouse visa to join my wife in the uk and submitted it in February 2016. I made the appointment to submit the paperwork. However I found out that I need to give an English test and this took about 2 months to come through. During this time I had to keep moving my appointment forward and forward. Then my passport was going to finish in 2 months and I found out that the immigration wont accept my application since my passport is finishing. I wanted to know if my online application is still valid or would I need to request a refund and then submit a new application online?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. In regards ***** ***** application I would recommend that if your passport is expiring and you need to submit a new passport with your application then it would be better for you to submit a new online application and request a refund for your current application. By submitting a new application you would be able to submit both your new passport and English language test as part of the application. In addition if you are wishing to submit a new passport then details on your online application need to be changed ie your passport number, therefore your previous application form which you have submitted online will become invalid as it would have you old passport number on it.I would therefore recommend that you submit a new online application. I hope this answers your question. Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The thing is that my passport finished in July 2016. Then can I get a new passport and submit both passport
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
there is nothing preventing you from submitting both passports, but you would need to fill out the application again as your visa will be issued on your new passport not your old one. Kind regards