chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

There are 3 bungalows in a private area. All 3 bungalows

Customer Question

there are 3 bungalows in a private area. All 3 bungalows have access to shared drive way. A property behind my home has bought one the bungalows with the intention of building a porperty to the rear of his garden gaining access from my shared drive way. He is renting out the bungalow and intends to use this access for building. My question.. does he have the right of access? my plans and deeds specify the access is for 3 bungalows
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Hi, without having sight of the deeds it is difficult to say. However, if access is only granted to 3 of the bungalows, he ma only be able to grant access over the area owned by him.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.Kind regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not the shared access? i.e the driveway for 3 properties albeit he now owns 1 of them
Again, without seeing the deeds it would be difficult to say, but if it is the shared access, he may require the consent of the other parties which have access also. This could prove to be quite costly for him.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.Kind regards,