chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Good day. I am a South African practising Attorney now

Good day. I am a South African practising Attorney now for 31 years. I have my own practice and specialise in Property Law and Deceased Estates as well as being a Notary.
Kindly advise what is required to practise law in the UK. I hold a British Passport as I was born in the UK and would like to think about relocating back to the UK. I have heard that here is scope to become a Notary or be used as a Notary in the UK. Would you know of any opportunities offered or opening for Attorneys from SA in the UK or any Attorney relocating. I was also thinking along the lines of doing work for fellow South Africans wanting to or already living in the UK.
Any information would be of great help.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Neil
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is my question being reviewed
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Hi Neil,To practice as a lawyer in the UK, you would need to complete the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test (QLTT). This is like going back to University.There is scope for work as a Notary, but again, you will have to transfer your qualifications to the UK. The Notaries Society may be able to assist in the transfer.Further details of the QLTT can be found at the following link: https://qlts.co.uk/qlts-assessments/qlts-vs-qlttIf you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Kind regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your information. Kindly do not charge my card every month as our exchange rate is very bad and unless i need to request answers I kindly ask you to remove my card details as soon as possible. I just needed direction and am happy to pay for this answer but not to be debited continually please. Many thanks Neil
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please respond on my request
Thanks Neil.I will close your post. You should not be charged again. If you are, please contact customer services.Kind regards,