75100385

I was recently taken to small claims court over a rental

I was recently taken to small claims court over a rental dispute.. Unfortunately I lost - fair enough, you win some you lose some.
However, after the hearing, the claimant sent a photocopy of the order to my fathers address.. My father received it through the post before I even received my original from the court...
The claimant had my forwarding address.. They also Sent me a copy so this proves they knew my address.
I believe they done this on purpose as an act of slander.
My father was not a guarantor on the property, nor has he any legal interests in my affairs whatsoever..
They had his address as I gave it to the lettings agents when I signed the tenancy agreement - they needed next of kin details for the even if an emergency - not for guarantor purposes..
I am positive many laws have been broken here and would like advice accordingly
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is it you want to achieve please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know to be honest...
Damages probably, and maybe reverse the CCJ.
They should not have sent that to my father.
I just want to know initially, in your opinion is there foul play and is there a case for sown thing? And then maybe we can talk more?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Was the CCJ as a result of a trial?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think so.. Just a standard small claim.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
But was the CCJ defended?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It wasn't, no - I didn't attend court... Are we a little of topic, I'm more focusing on the breach of confidentiality and data protection - the fact that they thought it was Ok to send send the judgment to father knowing I did not live there.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok sure. Was it ok to send the Judgment. NoThey can say they have a Judgment and want to trace you. But that is it.But breach of Data Protection only applies to disclosing personal sensitive information. They have not done that, they have only sent a copy of Judgment. Judgments are public and anyone can look anyone up to see if they have one.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could I pursue a slander case? They obviously knew what they were doing as they had my address and the court had my address also.. They didn't even wait for the ink to dry before starting to 'trace' me.
They have purposely tried to embarrass me in front of my family.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was my last thought I promise :-)
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Potential if you can show you have suffered 'serious harm' and you are prepared to issue proceedings in the High Court. But you need to establish serious harm and what they are saying is untrue. The cost of a case would be around £15k in CourtDoes that help? (or not as the case may be). Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's fine thank you.
So basically all I can do is tell them how unhappy I am and let them get away with being tw**s.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure I would. Give them hell! Alex