chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am on spouse visa and arrived on 18th feb 2015. married

Customer Question

I am on spouse visa and arrived on 18th feb 2015. married with british citizen since 2013. have a boy who is also british born and british citizen age 2 and half years.
we are getting divorce now. I am working full time as a branch manager and paying child maintenance from 6 months around £183 per month. last week got a letter from her lawyers basically for divorce notice so I need to know if its going to affect my visa here. coz I want to stay here for my son. or is there any other way I can stay here as a parent or something. Currently I got visa until October 2017. But as far I know if divorce goes ahead and get final from court before my visa than I have to leave the UK I am not sure if its right or not.
So please help me !
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive my last post?
Please ignore the previous post. It has been posted in error
Hi,In short that is correct, however, not the be all and end all.If you have a contact order from the courts to contact and play a part of the life of your children, you will be able to apply to remain in the UK based on your access to the children.You would need to seek specialist legal advice in relation to this.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedbackIf you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards