13262538

I hope you can put my mind at rest. my son and caught in law

hello, I hope you can put my mind at rest. my son and caught in law have had a very hard life through. I'll health and financially..I have helped them throughout the years and love them dearly in February I took out a life insurance on them as I knew they had no means to do this,they are both in their 50s and thought l would surprise them to know their. sons would be safeguarded.this has backfired on me, she said I had no right to do this. I am75 years old and worry about them have I done wrong and what can I do.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is your daughter in law's objection to this kindness?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She says I should have discussed with her first and objected to me she quotes-taking liberty but the idea was to surprise and please her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She also says its illegal to take the policy's out on other people I am not asking her to pay the premiums ,I am paying them through my bank
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

She is not correct.

Your generous gesture is not illegal and is an excellent way of protecting your grand children

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much,I was worried I had done something illegal ,could l still continue with the policy's to know the children have means , if ,god forgive me, something happens to their mum or dad
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Of course you can. It is a great kindness

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for putting my mind at rest unfortunately this has caused a rift between us but I will cancel the policy's thank you for your help