12826847

Could you please advise on the following related to a proxy

Customer Question

Could you please advise on the following related to a proxy vote
I was asked to a meeting and was unable to attent and was given a proxy vote,
I contacted the person sending the document and asked for an agent related to what I was being asked to vote on, they told me that all I had to do was say if I agree with costing being discussed and nominate someone to vote for me, I found out later there was other items that had been voted on and do not know if someone else used my vote
So is there any rules related to a proxy vote and how they have to be issued and is there a legal requirement in the uk to enforcing how to deal with proxy votes
Thank you in advance for your help
Kindest regards
David
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello David my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Is this for a Company or a Club please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A building with 88 flats and a committee that handles meetings known as a proprietors association, the committee are all non paid members and give out the proxy vote
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What does the constitution or rules say?