How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70298
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My 11 year old girl has been touched in the wrong places buy

Customer Question

My 11 year old girl has been touched in the wrong places buy another girl aged 10-11. (Same year). This girl is doing it for attention I think she has a list as long as your arm smoking.steeling . And endless trouble in school. CAN I GET HER EXPELLED AND REPORT TO POLICE? She has also interfierd with other children in that year?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How old is the other girl?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like I said 10-11 same year???
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is she 11 or 10?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is 11 and has done this to other kids in the school the school has informed social services and suspension for a weak but I don't want her anywhere near the school again
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You could report it to the police although the practical reality is that she is unlikely to be prosecuted.She is only just over the age of criminal responsibility and the police do not generally pursue those under 13. They may well make a referral to social services instead.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It is possible to complain to the school. Whether they would exclude her is another matter.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
in truth, quite unlikely. Headmasters are usually slow to exclude especially in cases where there has not been time to try other forms of intervention.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If she has inappropriate sexual knowledge for a child of 11 though then it would seem to be a matter for social services as they may well have an interest in where she came by that knowledge.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You can always complain to the Board of Governors or the local authority whichever applies. It may not make any difference but it is an option.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No intervention from perents ie. No boundaries set ? I feel sorry for the girl. But my doughter is he'll bent on going to the police. If I ask for all the conversation in wrighting between school and social services could I get it ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No. It would be protected by confidentiality. They won't even tell you what was said although they might tell you that there was a referral.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should she be in a main streem school? Can I get expelled if I went to court
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her expelled. ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No. A court would have no control over it.It is the for the school.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I must admit that it is not likely that such a young child would be expelled.