12826847

I was a director of a community radio station management

Customer Question

I was a director of a community radio station management board which was a CIC I was a signatury on the account and signed the lease of the rental property along with the other directors. I resigned several weeks ago, I informed the bank, companies house and ofcom on as well as the landlord of the property stating I was no longer associated with the radio station, asking to be removed from all paperwork. I have just discovered that they are in arrears with the rent and have been for some time and the landlord refuses to remove my name from the tenancy agreement until the rent arrears are paid, is this legal and am I liable to pay them
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Was the lease signed by you personally or was the Company named? If the Company was named did you offer a personal guarantee?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The company was named but each of the directors signed a guaranteeLinda
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Did the Landlord ever confirm you were released please?