12826847

Had a 5 year sentence of a banned weapon,namely a torch stun

Had a 5 year sentence for possesion of a banned weapon,namely a torch stun device,suspended for 2 years.Have recently in the first 3 months of suspended sentence been convicted for shoplifting.I am in a wheel chair for motorcycle accident 5 years ago ,on very high oppiates medication including morphine,and anti depressants,suffering from chronic daily pain and severe depression and anxiety,and awaiting pain management 4 week input at St Thomas hospital,on 15 july 2016 and my court case for the shoplifting is on the 15 june 2016.What is likely to happen to me?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Have you done any of the community order?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i paid a fine
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Was it only a fine and a suspended sentence? That would not be common.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was a fine and a suspended sentence,due to my disability,chronic pain,spinal injury,3 operations and depression ,anxiety mental state.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. The starting point with suspended sentences is that they should be imposed either in full or in part or the community order made more onerous unless you can convince the Judge it would be unjust to do so. 'Unjust' is a high test. An obvious point to take is that it is a dissimilar offence or a much less serious nature. However, it was very soon after the imposition of the suspended sentence and you can't hide from that. The fact that you have paid the fine will be helpful. I suppose that there are limits to the types of community work you could do. You might want to consider whether a curfew would be an option for you. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi...thank you for your advise.Best RegardsLouis
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you :)