75100385

I live in England but have a CCJ against a Scottish citizen

I live in England but have a CCJ against a Scottish citizen 2 years ago for £10,200 which has amount of £7,000 still outstanding. This CCJ is registered in Edinburgh and I have obtained an Inhibition on his house. I obtained the services of a Sheriff and have gone as far as we can go with that. They did manage to get the sum of £2,000 and temporary repayments of £50 per month until January 2016 when he was to pay the remaining balance. He refuses all communication and I would like to know how to proceed. Do I serve him with a statutory demand and if so how do I go about it. He lives in Livingstone and is a self employed taxi driver I am 76 yrs old and frankly I am fed up waiting for him to pay me my money because at the present rate of payment it will take a further 10 yrs to pay this debt off and I may not even be alive then. I really don't know what else to do to recover this money.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.You could make them bankrupt. If they owe over £3000 then you can make them bankrupt.This seems like the best process and as such any assets they have would be seized. The Receiver could also make them sell the house.You must issue first a statutory demand/charge for payment.If this is not satisfied then you can make them bankrupt.For more information please see:https://www.mygov.scot/how-do-i-apply-for-bankruptcy/Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, I already know about the statutory demand for payment, my question to you was how do I go about serving this demand on the debtor.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You can use a process server. You can find one online or pick one of these:www.tremark.co.uk/ProcessServers‎www.abclegal.comukprocess.com/process_servers_counties/scotland.htmlwww.privateeyescotland.com/process-serving-scotland.htmlCan I clarify anything for you?Alex