29905560

My neighbour's contractor drilled through one of my concrete

Customer Question

My neighbour's contractor drilled through one of my concrete fence posts and bolted his new fence post to mine which saved him the cost of having a permanent fix in the ground. I found out about this after the work had taken place. I objected to this to the contractor and reluctantly said to the contractor that I didn't wish to be unneighbourly and didn't pursue it. My neighbour has recently been unhelpful about another matter not connected. So I have chosen to write to him and raised the issue of the concrete post. Apparently the contractor advised him that I gave permission for the fixing which I did not and says if I have issue with that my dispute is with the contractor. I don't consider I gave permission for the drilling and fixing to my property. Can you advise how I should pursue this.
Many thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry. I didn't mean to respond this. I will opt out for my colleage.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Please can you tell me whether you have contacted the contractor directly regarding this.