12826847

If I was arrested in 1997, charged, went to trial and then

If I was arrested in 1997, charged, went to trial and then thrown out within 5 minutes due to false claims, and admittance of false claims, will there be any record on the PNC at all, even if just of arrest?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
there will.It will be on PNC.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Only the police have access to PNC but the fact of the allegtion and the outcome will be there.It should be written though in a way that reveals that it was without merit.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was under the impression that none of this information would be on there as there was no merit in the allegation, and also due to the time period this happened. My understanding that is post 2006 all information was kept due to the "soham" incident?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I am applying for a VISA in the U.S. will they be able to see this information?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
That is wrong I'm afraid.All allegations have always been retained on PNC.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
whether or not anybody other than the police can see it depends on the level of checking.It will only be visible on enhanced checking if deemed relevant.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I don't do immigration or visas but I do think the states asks about any other arrests rather than just convictions although that isn't my area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok many thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.All the best.