Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Dear Harris,I am currently going through a family law case

Dear Harris,I am currently going through a family law case regarding contact. An order was made on 22/04/2016, prior to the final hearing which will be on 12/08/2016. My ex-partner's solicitor has written to inform me that she is going to apply to vary the order of 22/04/2016, requesting more time to file my ex-partner's statement.I do not have clarity on exactly how applying for a variation works. Are the other party required to send me a copy of their application to vary the order? I am concerned that I will not know exactly what what grounds my ex-partner is requesting to vary the order on or how long an extension they are applying for.Many thanks.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. You should be served with all paper work that his solicitors file with the court - both correspondence and applications and if they do not provide this then you should request it from them as it is part of practice direction that they provide you these.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you