75100385

I invested money in trading and now I would like my money

I invested money in trading and now I would like my money back which is owed to me. The trading company will not pay me out until I trade more. What type of lawyer do I need to help me get my money back?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call me on 07887 452 157
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Calling now. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for the call. I have one more question for now.
Can I all the additional costs which I incur ie. GBP1000.00 and any additional lawyers fees be absorbed into the claim against the company, if so, do I need to include this in the letter?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes if you can particularise your loss. Yes you should detail any losses to date.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
I have been investigating the letters. I found one called a "Statutory Demand under section 123 or 222 of the Insolvency Act 1986", i hope this one is fit for purpose.
Furthermore, on IvoryOptions.com website, in the Terms and Conditions, Section 10 and 11 implies the steps to take when closing an account and expectations.
I have already asked them in a general chat for a physical address which they said they do not have.
Shall I mention that i would like to close the account before they decide to close it for me and not pay me the money?
Taryn
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes I certainly would Taryn. But if you serve a statutory demand they can apply to set aside. You are better off issuing a stat demand on the back of a court judgment.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
in other words, it is a standard letter with the content of a statutory demand letter. Pls confirm?
I can always reissue the letter as a statutory demand later?
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.

No a statutory demand is in a prescribed format. You can issue a standard letter at any time.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi AlexI have written a letter and it is very similar to a statutory demand notice. Could I kindly ask you to review it. I need to know if it is fit for purpose as a first and final letter from myself to Ivory Options to ask for my money back. I have tried to ad the letter by clicking on the "+ Add files" but nothing seems to happen. Is there another means where i can send it through or shall i copy and paste it into the chat here?Kind Regards
Taryn
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, i managed to upload the word document seperately. Kindly see attached.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Yes that is fine, if it's not responded to you can issue proceedings.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi there
I have sent the letter as instructed but it has come back opened. The front of the envelope has two lines across it and it says "Return to Sender" and "Unknown Company".
I have addressed the letter with the address provided on the Ivory Options website.
Also, i have contacted Ivory Options previously and asked what the physical address is, they came back and said that they only accept scanned letters to a email address.
Kindly advise what the next steps should be.
Taryn