ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Good evening I have got question I had solicitor but he's

Good evening I have got question
I had solicitor but he's took all my money already and my case is still in progress he wants more money every time when I speak with him. I am a single parent have got two children and I don't have money already. I had £2500 overdraft, £1700 on one credit card and £200 on second to pay but I can't pay my bills cos I am still paying my solicitor. Now I am trying to get loan cos I know that he wants more. Could you please help me?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

Our service offers online responses to legal questions.

I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you.

Please may I ask what your legal questions relates too?

Kind Regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get back my money somehow?

Do you mean the money you paid your solicitor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cos I know that is something like that

- when you initially instructed your solicitor did he provide you with an estimate of costs in a client care letter?

- are you happy with the service provided by your solicitor or do you have any complaints about the service?

Kind Regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he said me that first I will need to pay £850 plus vat then he told me that I need to pay another £100 and when I was call him few days later he told me that full amount it will be £1395 so I paid that and now for another court hearing he wants me to pay another £400 but I get bill from him two days ago for £800 and I don't have that money I feel that something is wrong cos I don't know what to do my kids need to eat and I can't pay all the time cos I stop to paying my bills

Sounds to me like you need to make a complaint.

Solicitors do have to send a client care letter setting out an estimate of fees.

In the first instance you need to make a written complaint to the complaints officer at your solicitors firm. Set out that you have not been provided with a client care letter setting out what the estimated fees should be. Also set out that the verbal estimates you have been given do not relate to the bills you have been receiving.

You should also request a breakdown of the bills you have been given - as to what work has actually been undertaken.

If you do not get a satisfactory answer from the solicitor or firm, take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman. This is an independent organisation dealing with complaints about poor service from lawyers and legal services. If the Legal Ombudsman agrees that you have been overcharged, it may make the solicitor or firm refund or reduce your legal fees. If you have lost out due to other aspects of poor service, the Legal Ombudsman may award compensation.

Kind Regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that is something else which I could do I don't want to complain cos my case is still in progress now.

If you are dissatisfied then you really do need to complain. I am sorry but this is your only avenue.

Legal aid is only available for specific cases if you have been a victim of domestic violence in the last 5 years and you can obtain specific evidence.

Kind Regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you anyway
Patrycja

take care Patrycja - I wish you all the best

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your help

your welcome x