12826847

My 18 year old grandson, who has some health problems

Customer Question

My 18 year old grandson, who has some health problems because of premature birth, worked very hard to get school grades to go to university, started at bournemouth last Sept. Did really well settling in, came home at Xmas, all fine. In mid Jan he stopped phoning home and we had problems getting in touch with him. We now discover that he's got involved with a girl and her family, all of whom are on major benefits. She has been asking my grandson for money and like a fool he has been sending it. He is now £1000 overdrawn in his student bank account, he is way behind with his Uni work and with exams coming up it looks like he will be booted out of Uni. My daughter phone the Uni for advice but she is just told that he is 18 they can not advise. My worry, if he does get booted out and we cannot get him home here, he is likely to go up to this girls home in Nottingham and never be seen again. Is there anybody we can get advice from? Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a specific question? What exactly is it that you are looking to achieve?