75100385

I need information on filling an n265 form and some legal

Customer Question

Hello ,I need information on filling an n265 form and some legal advice.With thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What are you stuck on please?Alex
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello,I was wondering if you could give me a rough estimate of what time you will call me?With thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.
Calling now. Alex
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Alex,Many thanks for the call,One final check please (just to be on the safe side):On the section: 'documents contained on or created by the (ticked box) Claimant'.Underneath there are the following un-ticked boxes:
PCs
portable data storage media
databases
servers
back-up tapes
off-site storage
mobile phones
laptops
notebooks
handheld devices
PDA devicesYou advised me to leave these unchecked, correct?
Because , I did look on these devices?And in addition:On the section: 'documents contained on or created by the (Ticked Box) Claimant'
and underneath, I have the following un-ticked bokes:mail files
document files
calendar files
web-based applications
spreadsheet files
graphic and presentation filesWhich you advised me to leave them un-ticked as , again, I did look on these documents?I am so sorry to keep asking, I am finding tough to get my head around this section.__________________________________________________________________________And finally:'documents other than by reference to the following keyword(s)/concepts (delete if your search was not confined to specific keywords or concepts)'You advised me to leave this section empty.thank you Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.
Ok - in the 'I searched' section those boxes where you HAVE looked to be tickedOn the 'I didnt search' section those boxes where you have NOT looked to be tickedAlex
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you Alex,just to solidify:The section which states:
'I did not search for the following:' it extents to 'documents contained on or created by the: Claimant/Defendant'
Meaning 'I didn't search documents contained on or created by the: Claimant/Defendant'
on PCs, portable data storage, media databases, servers , etc.AndAnd it also extends to : 'documents contained on or created by the' , meaning
'I didn't search documents contained on or created by the: Claimant/Defendant'
for mail files, document files, calendar files, etc.Because I DID look for documents created by both my self and the defendant, I should leave
the boxes of 'Claimant' & 'Defendant' un-ticked, correct?In addition, on the same sections, everywhere I DIDN'T look needs to be checked
and everything I DID look needs to be left unchecked, yes?As I searched for internet pages relating to the case, would the webpages I looked on, fall under:
'servers'?I also searched and downloaded a PDF file from the internet relating to this case, does that fall under
'off-site storage'?To clarify, I did an internet research, I found the particular file, and the webpage which I found the file, had an option to download it. This webpage does not exist anymore, but the said file , has resurfaced recently on another internet address, which is now public domain. Not downloadable, but it is available on the public domain.Thank you AlexPS, I cannot find a section on the N265 form where it says 'I searched for' with a list and boxes to be ticked, the only section as far as I can see which offers an 'I searched' option is the section:
'I carried out a search for electronic documents contained on or created by the following:', which is clear to me.PS2, If I am making things too confusing, please feel free to call me, if you would be kind enough.
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.
Correct. If you did search you don't tick those boxes.Web pages does not come under servers do. That is the Internet.If you searched you include that in list of documents.Alex
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That's extremely helpful Alex, thank you for all your help, it is very much appreciated!Very best wishes
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.
Happy to help. Alex