12826847

A judgement was made in a county court on the 29th Feb 2016,

Customer Question

a judgement was made in a county court on the 29th Feb 2016, do I have a right of appeal
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Please can you tell me what the judgement was for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For unfair dismissal under the Employment Tribunal Rules of Procedure 2013.a A basic award of £8,545.20 and compensatory award of £734.34. It was heard at the county court without us being present. An administration error on my part meant that a court date was set for May but as I did not challenge at the time it was heard without us being able to give evidence.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, before I have a look into this, please can you tell me how long you were employed there? Thank you. Please do not respond to this message after you have provided the information as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the employer not the employee. The employee was TUPED to us under an old contract with 12 years service with enhanced redundancy payment due, equivalent to the basic award made. The employee was relocated, claimed the new premises was unsuitable. Her requests were met but the employee left without reviewing the changes and adaptations made by the company, hence her constructive dismissal claim.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, you do have the right to appeal but whether you are able to do so depends on if you are still within the time limits to do so and also your grounds for appeal. First of all I just wanted to make sure that the claim was heard in the county court rather than the employment tribunal? It is unusual for such claims to be heard in the county court so need to be clear that this was definitely the venue that dealt with this claim? I can then discuss the options for making an appeal. Thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further advice on this please?