75100385

I was involved in car accident on uber yesterday. I was a

Customer Question

I was involved in car accident on uber yesterday. I was a rider and the driver has got hit by another car next to us which could not follow the movement of cyclist nearby. Because of the accident, I could not attend my class. After the accident, I went to see doctor because I had headache, neck pain, back pain and nausea. Do you think I can ask for money from the driver, because of my injury and absence in school?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What injury did you suffer please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
for how long did you suffer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have neck pain, back pain, headache and nausea since yesterday. The accident was at 12:46 yesterday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still suffering
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had no physical injury
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like blood or blues
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Potentially you can make a claim, assuming the driver was negligent. How much you can claim depends on the injury and how long it lasts. Up to a week you are looking at around £500, up to a month £1,200 and 3 months £2,000Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of cirtificate should I have to claim?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I dont understand? What is a cirtificate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I mean certification
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I claim that I suffered for long time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I claim to the drivers insurance company?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I still dont understand? You dont need a certification. If you go to a lawyer they can prepare a case for you. You will need to medically examined by an independent GP. That GP will give a prognosis for recovery and that is when you know how much you can claim.But its likely to be less than £10,000. Can I clarify anything for you?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okey, are they also cover my medical treatment fee which was about 150 pounds yesterday? It was expensive because I went to Japanese clinic
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
if you have a receipt. Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks. If I want to claim with lawyer, how much usually does it costs?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It may be you can get a no win no fee, so it may not cost you anything.Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, do you do that? Or just answering questions here?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No, this is a question and answer site. You can find a local Solicitor here:www.lawsociety.org.uk/find-a-solicitorCan I clarify anything else?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because I could not attend class because of the accident, can I ask for that as claim also?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
if that was a cost to you.Does that help?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex