12826847

CRIMINAL LAW CASE .My Ex-Employers have contacted the Police

Customer Question

CRIMINAL LAW CASE .My Ex-Employers have contacted the Police regarding a sum of roughly £7000 going missing over a period of a few months. The Police came to my door 2 months ago and asked me to attend a voluntary formal interview as I am a suspect. The officer dealing with the case was off work until yesterday andhas recommended that I get legal advice. He has tried contacting me today to arrange for the interview.Whilst I was working there I had a new manager after a month of my promotion to Team Leader. This involved me cashing up. My new manager watched me cash up and shouted at me saying I was wasting time and hours by adding up the individual card receipts and just to input the remaining figure that is given after inputting the cash from the tills. This has obviously come up as a discrepancy on the systems.I worked for the company for a year and half. Around 13 months I was part time whilst at University and then I got promoted to team leader for around 5 months.He text me saying that I was responsible for £2000 of the £7000 and that the Police will be dealing with it. I haven’t taken a penny!There were at least 5 other members of staff who had my login details for the systems and the tills – so any of them could have accessed my accounts etc.Also, on a number of occasions both myself and another myself of staff had noticed that the fruit machine money bags were OUT of the safe and on the top in the office – which has no CCTV in. These could amount from anywhere between a couple of hundred to thousands of pounds.On one occasion I had another member of staff overseeing me cash up and lock the office up including ensuring that the safe was locked shut. Another member of staff who was suspected of stealing money was working the next morning and submitted a report to my manager to say that I left the safe unlocked over night and the money was wrong inside.Could you let me know where I stand with regards ***** ***** case – I haven’t done anything wrong. I didn’t want to argue my new boss and lose my job so I just agreed to follow instructions that he gave me. I’m really scared that I am going to get charged for something I didn't do.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for the delay. How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My Ex-Employers have contacted the Police regarding a sum of roughly £7000 going missing over a period of a few months. The Police came to my door 2 months ago and asked me to attend a voluntary formal interview as I am a suspect. The officer dealing with the case was off workuntil yesterday andhas recommended that I get legal advice. He has tried contacting me today to arrange for the interview.Whilst I was working there I had a new manager after a month of my promotion to Team Leader. This involved me cashing up. My new manager watched me cash up and shouted at me saying I was wasting time and hours by adding up the individual card receipts and just to input the remaining figure that is given after inputting the cash from the tills. This has obviously come up as a discrepancy on the systems.I worked for the company for a year and half. Around 13 months I was part time whilst at University and then I got promoted to team leader for around 5 months.He text me saying that I was responsible for £2000 of the £7000 and that the Police will be dealing with it. I haven’t taken a penny!There were at least 5 other members of staff who had my login details for the systems and the tills – so any of them could have accessed my accounts etc.Also, on a number of occasions both myself and another myself of staff had noticed that the fruit machine money bags were OUT of the safe and on the top in the office – which has no CCTV in. These could amount from anywhere between a couple of hundred to thousands of pounds.On one occasion I had another member of staff overseeing me cash up and lock the office up including ensuring that the safe was locked shut. Another member of staff who was suspected of stealing money was working the next morning and submitted a report to my manager to say that I left the safe unlocked over night and the money was wrong inside.Could you let me know where I stand with regards ***** ***** case – I haven’t done anything wrong. I didn’t want to argue my new boss and lose my job so I just agreed to follow instructions that he gave me. I’m really scared that I am going to get charged for something I didn't do.
The main thing concerning me is that as I was technically inputting false figures into the card submission whilst cashing up - manager specifically said I was wasting time counting them up - that I can get into trouble for that.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.
i've read the facts.What is your question about this?