Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Has a london business address, has contacted me about a

Customer Question

has a london business address, has contacted me about a 14.5m inheritance of a distant kokke relative. he asked fotr a 830 gbp filing fee to get me approved as the sole heir by a london court,
i tried to transfer the money but money gram rejected it for reason that, most likely, stewart was a scam artist.
stewart would gain 60% of the estate
then i asked stewart to lend me the filing fee and to take the money back once the inheritance ha been settled.
he refused.
where do i go from here?
complain to the london police?
raymond kokke, alledgedly deceased, might never have existed. he is not in the kokke family tree (ancestry.com)
thanks for your help!
dr. wilhelmus kokke
ardmore pa, usa
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. If this was an unsolicited approach then it is almost certainly a scam. Further more the filing fee for grant of probate for a deceased person is about £200 and no where near £800. There is a police site dedicated to combating fraud in the UK www.actionfraud.police.uk/ - so I would certainly complain to the police. Is this individual a solicitor or lawyer? Kind regards AJ