29905560

I'm claimant, have a defended claim and now filling in form

Customer Question

Hi I'm claimant, have a defended claim and now filling in form N181. Do I have to disclose documents to defendant at this stage?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

At this stage you are not required to disclose the documents which you intend to rely on as evidence. Form N181 is a directions questionnaire in which you answer numerous questions to assist the court in determining which track the claim should go down (i.e. fast track or multi track). Once the appropriate track has been determined, the claim will be allocated to it and you will subsequently get a directions order which will provide directions on how the claim is to be managed. This would also include directions for disclosure of documents so this process will take place at a later stage. So to answer your question - no, you do not need to disclose documents at this stage.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.