75100385

The trees from our neighbours garden are overhanging onto

The trees from our neighbours garden are overhanging onto our property which is shading our grass it is about 30 feet high. I have spoken to the tenants in the property and found out that it is rented. I contacted the letting agency and reported the problem with the trees on Monday 23rd May in the morning. Lauren from Eurolet said that she would contact the landlord. I rang late in the afternoon for an update and was told that Debbie was now dealing with it. Spoke with Debbie who informed me that she had sent an email to the landlord and it should take about a week to get it all sorted. Rang Eurolet yesterday - debbie was off - so spoke to someone else and asked if they could find out what the situation was. Firstly I was told they were having trouble getting the availability of a tree surgeon, then they were still waiting for the landlord to reply to the email - I said could they not ring him ? - I dont think we have his number, then told I could cut the tree down myself - I said that I was not prepared to go into someone else garden to do this - was told it was just a suggestion to get it done quickly. All the time the girl on the phone was getting these answers from someone else, Another person them comes on to the phone and says we are waiting for the landlord to agree a quote - I say how can this be true when I have already been told that you cant get a tree surgeon and the landlord hasnt come back to you yet. By this time I am becoming really annoyed as they are clearing not telling me the truth. I said to the girl that the tennant had already told me that they are very slow in doing repairs as she is still waiting for painting to be done from Christmas and that they are just confirming everything that she has said. They said can you email us with your issues and we can sort it out. I said no I would prefer to communicate by phone so as to actually speak with some one as it is quicker to get updates, I have rang this morning to speak to Debbie and she has insinuated that I was rude to the girl yesterday - which I wasnt - although I was annoyed at them lying and told them that they were contradicting each other - and would only communicate by email. This is all a tactic to delay matters and not get the work done. What can I do now?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you have the details of the Landlord please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the management company details.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the management company Eurolet are dealing with the rental
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

OK - will they give you the details of the Landlord?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, they said they are the management company and deal with everything on their behalf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still on the line as I have had no response from you for 12 minutes
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thats not quite correct. You should ask for details of who it is and the address for service, or say you will go to Court.

If they refuse then you can seek a Court Order that they give you the details.

You would need to complete form N244:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n244-eng.pdf

The Court would set the matter down for hearing and decide whether to make the order. If the court does and they refuse this is contempt of Court which they could be warned, fined or sent to prison.

Once you have the details of the Landlord you can chase him/her and then pursue the matter from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I ask for the landlords details do they have to provide this information to me?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes. The Landlord must have an address for service in the UK.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have emailed them and told them that I had seeked legal advice and been told to ask for the landlord details and address for service . I am waiting to hear back from them
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/