Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I am a retired woman. To ensure I could earn extra per

I am a retired woman. To ensure I could earn extra per month, I joined an agency. I am self employed and they provide the contact to agree or not agree to work a specific shift, at a specific place. Due to getting older and with no transport of my own, I was offered a job, within walking distance from my home.
However, the agency is now demanding a payment of £3000.00 from that company, if they employ me.
Seeing that I am self employed and not resigned from the agency, I find this rather confusing.
I have agreed to comply working a specific amount of hours with the agency per month and wish to take up the offered part time position too. Please can you give me some advice, how to avoid such a large amount of money that an agency can demand from another company.
Thank You
Mrs ***** *****
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Were you introduced by the agency to the company that made the job offer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.

so on what basis are they saying they can charge the company?