12826847

Can a solicitor sit next to their partner in a court, prompt

Customer Question

Can a solicitor sit next to their partner in a court, prompt and pass notes on their trail. Whilst deceiving the judge that their partner is a litigate in person?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

A solicitor can certainly act in the capacity of a Mckenzie friend.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

A Mckenzie friend can offer guidance to a litigant in person.

There is no bar upon being a litigant in person if one is also entitled to rights of audience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo,Thanks for your answer, I will be seeking legal advice tomorrow. As I believe the solicitor in question has deceived the judge, by litigating indirectly and generally misleading the judge.Thanks Lee
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If he deceived the Judge then that would be improper but just assisting would not get over that hurdle