75100385

In August 2014 I bought a buy-to-let flat that came with a

Customer Question

In August 2014 I bought a buy-to-let flat that came with a tenant, who is still in situ. The freehold of the property has since been sold to a company called RG Reversions 2014 Limited. I have not paid any ground rent, which is only £75 a year, because I have never received any request for payment.
I have now received a Forfeiture of Lease letter from their solicitors, unless I pay £1,590 which includes County Court judgement for £960, two years ground rent and their costs.
It appears that all correspondence on the matter has gone to the flat and the tenant, if he has received it, has just ignored it. He never advised me of having received any letters for me. What can I do? The solicitors say that it was my responsibility to provide the landlords with my correspondence address, but I didn't even know that my landlords had changed.
Any advise on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Terry
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Terry my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Has your address always been the one you have received previous invoices at?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex
Will you be able to ring me today or tomorrow? Because I am going away on Sunday until 15th June. Phone number is ***** 524640.
Terry
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Calling now. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex
Further to our telephone conversation I asked you where I could find details of the Count Court Business Centre adjudication. You told me to look at registry-trust.org.uk but I cannot see where to proceed to find what I need in that website. Can you help me? The claim number is *****
Terry
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Terry - you can try calling the Court at 0300(###) ###-####/p>

They can send you the details.

Does that help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
Thank you for your reply. I am going abroad tomorrow for two and a half weeks. I will phone the court on my return.
Terry
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Good luck. Alex