75100385

Can my employee drive a farm vehicle on a "private farm

Customer Question

Can my employee drive a farm vehicle on a "private farm road" with public access (footpath) without a driving license and insurance?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, they would be driving on private land?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they will be driving on our farm. The farm has some very public areas where clients arrive and go, tenants in the buildings and footpaths. No vehicle goes onto a public road.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - then you dont need insurance for that. If it is all private you are ok, there is no insurance requirement under the law. However if there is an accident with a member of the public on the private land, you may wish to have insurance to cover you for that, otherwise you may be liable for any claim.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/