Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I am building on my land leaving a gap to maintain my wall

I am building on my land leaving a gap to maintain my wall and for access to next door (with my permission) to come onto my property and maintain their end wall. We do not have any shared walls. Is this subject to the party agreement?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. You will need a Party Wall Agreement if you plan to:
 excavate, or excavate for and construct foundations for a new building or structure, within 3 metres of any part of a neighbouring owner's building or structure, where any part of that work will go deeper than the neighbour's foundations; or 

excavate, or excavate for and construct foundations for a new building or structure, within 6 metres of any part of a neighbouring owner's building or structure, where any part of that work will meet a line drawn downwards at 45° in the direction of the excavation from the bottom of the neighbour's foundations. I hope this assists and sets out the legal position. Kind Regards Al

Hi, please don't forget to rate my answer, if I have assisted. Many thanks Al