12826847

Can I sue? My GP Doctor told me I was given wrong blood by a

Customer Question

Can I sue? My GP Doctor told me I was given wrong blood by a doctor when I went to get injections at their clinic. I suffered from chills, aches, nausea, chest pain, and abdominal pain.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Why did incorrect blood cause this?

Unless it was toxic?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The injection I went to have was for Hepatitis B to prevent Hepatitis B
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my GP said it was wrong blood. I'm asian maybe that's why the blood didn't work out?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Yes, but why did it cause these symptoms? It wouldn't normally.

How long did they last?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They lasted for like 6 months, I was in and out of hospital, doctors and what-not and then was admitted to mental health hospital.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It wouldn't normally cause these symptoms but it did to me maybe because I'm asian and I have different blood type to Caucasians.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Or me and the blood type wasn't a match, so the doctor gave me wrong blood
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

In principle there is a claim in negligence but you will have to show the injuries were caused by the negligence. They might well be but it is a hurdle to overcome.

The nature of the injuries though are unpleasant but obviously not life changing. That would affect the level of compensation. That said, it would be cheaper to sue because of the reduced level of compensation.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't understand can I sue?I suffered those health issues after I had the injection, so are they not linked? I believe it was toxic blood.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Well, as I said really.

Yes, but subject to the points I made above.

You will need to show a direct cause between the incompatible blood and the symptoms and also the symptoms are not life changing so that will affect the award.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'd need a doctor to tell me if the wrong blood injections and symptoms are linked? My doctor knows I suffered from those symptoms and I told him it was because of the injection.What can I sue for? Loss?
What kind of claim is this? Personal Injury or clinical negligence or something else?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
also what should I ask my GP doctor for?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you think there is a direct cause between the incompatible blood and the symptoms?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

You would need medical opinion on the point.

I am not a doctor obviously but I would be concerned that the symptoms do not ordinarily follow from the blood transfusion. A medical opinion may clear that up though.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you don't think they're linked?What kind of claim is this? Personal Injury or clinical negligence or something else?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

In principle there is a claim in negligence but you will have to show the injuries were caused by the negligence.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you re-word this please
I would be concerned that the symptoms do not ordinarily follow from the blood transfusionAre you saying that normally people don't suffer the symptoms I suffered from a blood transfusion?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

As I have said, I am not a doctor.

You will need to get medical opinion on the point.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is my claim a personal injury or clinical negligence?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please reply
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just asked a doctor on this website and they had this to sayYes it is VERY much possible that the blood was not compatible and you could have developed antibiotics in your body that are causing your symptoms that are happening off and on.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry typo, antibodies.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You are most likely having transfusion induced serum sickness which can last for a long period of time."That's what the doctor said on this site. I've had the symptoms on and off for the past 4 years.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If a patient receives the wrong blood type this is usually considered to be negligent blood transfusion service practice, which can cause a serious or fatal reaction."That's what happened to me, and what I read online.Was it a blood transfusion I had because they looked like injections to me with blood in it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did the vaccination cause these symptoms because my doctor did say it was "wrong blood". I read online "If a patient receives the wrong blood type this is usually considered to be negligent blood transfusion service practice, which can cause a serious or fatal reaction."It says "negligent blood TRANSFUSION service practice". I had an injection, Is my situation the same because it says TRANSFUSION and I had a vaccination.